Sunday, March 16, 2008

Yes, we took pictures!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we're pleased to introduce Cooper Paul Clay!!!! He's toasting under the french fry warmer in the OR about 3 minutes after his first breath, scream, and thrown punch. He's not too happy, but I wouldn't be either.

Does this really look like a young lady that's just experienced 8 hours of labor and is currently being stitched back together? We don't call her Smiley Girl for nothing.


Coop taking his lungs for a test drive. Man, they're built for speed.

We are about 1 hour post op back in the L&D room. He's a keeper! What a ride!

Sure to be quite the ladies' man, he started picking up chicks on the way to the hospital room. We think it might have been his wildman locks!

The first is one very proud grandmother, Gloria Faye Herod. After her promotion, we call her "Gigi" now. The second is our wonderful Cuz Donna from Huntsville.


















Rockin out with the I-pod in the plastic bassinet. Actually, it's a hearing test, but you know how quickly they grow up these days.
Are you sure you were the pumpkin in Momma's belly? We're absolutely awestruck by Mr. Cooper! Speaking for us both, we love our new job!

More to come!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve , Holly,
He is a "Keeper". He is beautiful!!!!
I cann't wait to be "Auntie". We are thrilled for you all. Faye is one proud grandma in that picture. She is glowing.
Meme Clay is soooooooooo excited!!!!!She is grinning ear to ear.
Love the pictures , especially first family group picture!!
Love you all,
Auntie Janet,

Unknown said...

The pictures are great, thanks for posting them up!

Laura said...

My Aggie Cousins--WOW. How exciting, he is beautiful and will no doubt be such a joy. Congrats a thousand times over, I am so happy for your new family addition.
Love Always,
Cousin Laura

Should I get Cooper some Longhorn wear? I know a few places that sell the stuff :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats and big hugs from Colorado! Can't wait to pinch those cheeks next time I visit.

Christine

ck carver said...

Ohhhhh Steve & Holly he is sooo beautiful!
The pictures are already printed off and on my pinboard so everyone can see him- Love the name you chose- Congrats to you both-

Best Wishes
CK

Anonymous said...

That's a good looking boy! Nice hair.
Love the picture with the headphones; a nice added touch would have been to have him sucking on a tall cold milk through a straw.
Congrats to mom & pop!

The Other Clay

Anonymous said...

Of course he's a keeper!! And a real little charmer, too ... must take after his mom and dad!

Cousins Angel and Annie are very excited and can't wait to meet him. They said to tell you Congratulations, Uncle Steve & Aunt Holly!

love & hugs to all!
Aunt-Gramma Piddy and Uncle-Granpa Captain
:)

Anonymous said...

Steve & Holly,

Congrats!! He is adorable. Sean and I can't wait to meet him.

XO,
Kerri

Jana Grimone said...

Holly and Steve,
Cooper is a very lucky baby boy to have you guys as parents! And, I know that he will bring you more joy than you ever imagined!
Blessings,
Leo, Jana, Jay and Brett

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Holly, Steve and Cooper! I had long been praying for his (I always hoped it would be a little boy!) safe, healthy arrival! I am so proud for you both.
He's so perfect. Looks like you two did really good work!
Love,
Becky Burns

Anonymous said...

Steve and Holly.........
Congrats! You both look so happy! Baby Cooper is beautiful! After years of our parents comparing grandkids to grandpups, I'm glad to see you finally have a fighting chance in that competition! I am so proud for your beautiful little family. Just remember all the *stuff* you gave me growing up! I have lots of things to teach this little guy! I've got the cutest little orange longhorn waiting for him, to get him off on the right track!

Holly obviously doesn't play fair as a preggo. She's beautiful and glows in every pic! You are very blessed.

Seriously, I love you and I am so proud of you and for you. Cooper Paul Clay will certainly be one to make his mark!

Love you,
Toni and crew

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I knew it would be a boy!! We just have to get him some longhorn clothes. I can't wait to meet Mr. Cooper. We have talked about this day for many years Holly and I am so proud of the way you have handled everything that you have been going through. You and Steve are the best and Cooper is so blessed to have you both as parents!! I will be out to Plano soon to see the little one.

Hugs!!

Terri Robinson

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Holly & Steve. He is a beautiful baby. I am sure he already knows how wonderful his parents are. I love the picture of Gigi. I can tell she is very happy to be a Grandma.

Tracy Miazga